Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I will be installing a new down pipe, 5” DP back straight pipe exhaust and DSP5 switch in my truck. This is a first for me so I was wondering if anyone had any advice/tips/things to avoid doing. None of this is really that complicated and I’m not really worried about it I just figured I would ask so as to try and avoid any surprises. Thanks!! :drink

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
A. Remove the driver side wheel well in order to get to the ECU harness to wire up the DSP5. Don't try to go through the top of the motor.

B. Can't remember if LBZs have those annoying heat shields but cut that SOB up and take it off. Dont need it.

C. Maybe buy another exhaust clamp because the one that holds the DP to the turbo for some reason is always put on upside down and it's damn near impossible to get to it with a wrench. I, as well as others, had to cut the clamp and buy a new one.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Cake walk man, you got it. Not sure who you got your tunes from, but go to ATP's site and watch the video for the DSP5 install on an lbz/lmm. With your truck being lifted, I'd drop the fender liner so you're not trying to do it in an uncomfortable position.

On the exhaust, there is as bracket on the side of the trans IIRC, been a few years. You'll want to get that out of the way too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A. Remove the driver side wheel well in order to get to the ECU harness to wire up the DSP5. Don't try to go through the top of the motor.

B. Can't remember if LBZs have those annoying heat shields but cut that SOB up and take it off. Dont need it.

C. Maybe buy another exhaust clamp because the one that holds the DP to the turbo for some reason is always put on upside down and it's damn near impossible to get to it with a wrench. I, as well as others, had to cut the clamp and buy a new one.
Is this something I can pick up at napa? Also, any idea what the name of it is so I can tell them what I want?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've always called it a v-band clamp. Not sure if Napa will have it, but the dealer should. Not that difficult to get at, deep well socket and you're.good

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I installed my EFI and DSP5 last night and I know its crazy but I can just feel that my truck likes it way more than the Edge. Next comes the exhaust (supposed to be here today but we will see). Thanks for the input and I will call and order the v-band clamp today from the dealer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I personally don't think you'll need a new one. Your call though.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Pretty apparent isn't it? lol Glad it went well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a quick update, got the DP and exhaust on. IT SOUNDS GREAT!!! That DP was awful but we finally got it. Lucky for me I have a good buddy who stuck it out to the end. Thanks again for the input guys :drink

1 - 9 of 9 Posts