Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have the cts2 system that's what I wondering about. I want to figure out or learn more about this factory exhaust brake to see if the truck even has it and how get it to work if it does and at least try it out

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
U wouldn't happen to if efi live,edge,bully dog or anyone else makes a product that u can add exhaust brake dpf egr delete and a monitoring system all n one do u?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had a MotorOps tune on my 08 LMM that deleted the EGR, DPF, and added a turbo brake on both the tow tunes. Stock, Economy and Race tunes did not enable the turbo brake. It worked fantastic for towing our large camper(s). I think you can still get the MotorOps tuning, but if Canada is starting to crack down like the EPA has done in the US and if it's something that you want to do, your time is running out.

Also be aware that if you delete any of the emissions equipment from your truck you are committing a crime. I don't know that anyone is being prosecuted for it, though. You also won't pass an emissions check if your state requires them for registration purposes. I recommend keeping your stock equipment if you do delete, that way you can put it back on should the time come where it's necessary for you to do so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed the Banks Speed Brake with the idash Super Gauge. It really has been effective. My truck is a flatbed that weighs in at about 15,000 lbs. and I tow a 6,000 lb trailer. It has several different settings for 2 modes, which are manual,auto. The turbo, in combination with new transmission shift points slows the truck down, thus eliminating the harsh downshift With high rpms going down hills. There are no splices, or taping with wiring it into the original wire harness. Install was clean a relatively straight forward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok but my question is how does this work is it just a simple buy a programmer and install it or what? I understand how the turbo creates back pressure and all that.Do u have any information on this a link or website? I'm interested in this sounds like what I need. The only thing I seen is where u replace ur down pipe and the new one has an exhaust brake n it that works off of a switch that I can mount wherever
When I had my 07 lbz tuned it had a turbo brake when he was done. Search for turbo brake tuners and you may find something. But you could probably go to a tuner and have it done if they’d haven’t all went underground or on the dark web.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks I've checked out a few tuners I'm I bit reluctant to put a tuner on it with the way they r cracking down on them I'm gonna try to just wire up what I have thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
And it's just a software tune that I can buy and reprogram what I already have? If so do u have a link or any information on this that I can look up?
Do a search on YouTube, Banks performance. They actually make a electronic just for that if you don’t want to do a full tune. I’m sure they have both too.

·
Registered
517 Posts
You don't need a tuner to activate your turbo brake. Some years back, bballer 182 did a DIY here and on DP as to how you wire your own exhaust brake. It is still on here under DIY "How to activate your LBZ factory turbo brake" or similar. there are 46 pages to this discussion but the bulk of the information is on the first page.This also works with LMM's
Things to note
C-2 Connector
Pins 53 & 11
You must buy additional pins which are available from your dealer. Some dealers will have no idea what you are talking about but they have them in tray 19, slot 23 of their pin assortment. The parts guys may not be familiar with this, but the techs in the shop are. My parts guys had no idea what I was talking about and one guy said it didn't exist, well it does. I asked to see a tech and he took us to the pin box. I bought 6 pins, 2 for the turbo brake and 2 for the high idle and 2 as spares just in case. Bosch # 1928498135 GM uses a different part #.

You can also add the factory high idle .
i have added both of these modifications to my truck and they work flawlessly. By doing this mod, it operates independent of a tuner and used even on an occasional basis keep your vanes from sticking.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts