Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
K guys i am finally over the loud sound of my exhaust stacks and i have been searching for someone that makes exhaust cut outs so i could turn the stacks on and off and just have it dump under the truck....

Im glad to say that i found them :) and not only do they offer a 4" cut out they offer 3" and 3.5" for you guys running stock exhausts...

I have to buy these in bulk in order to get the best pricing so i want to see how many people would be interested in the 4" and the 3.5" so i know which ones to order....

im gonna add mine before the flex pipe to my exhaust that goes to my stacks and add a small piece of pipe and a black exhaust tip.... then when im at a show or just plain want to show off i can hit a switch and close up the valve so that i have the stacks alone..

Here are some pics...

so let me know if you guys are interested so that i can buy that bulk order or not.... ill be doing my truck sometime next week or so and get some video of it working :)

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Just remember to hide the tip under the truck or it might look kinda dumb. I've seen a truck with stacks that are inoperable and the stock exhaust behind the rear wheel! Paint the tip black and tuck it up where it can't bee seen. What kinda valve is that?

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not gonna do an exhaust tip... this is what im gonna do

and i believe this guy makes the valves himself with a water jet....

-Raul

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dumb question but could it be used as a exhaust brake if you just add the blocker peace in your exhaust and dont use the Y ?
i guess you could but if it malfunctions for some reason and stays closed your screwed lol.....

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got my kit in yesterday.... it looks very easy to install so ill be doing a write up on the install on sunday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts