Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm prob gonna sound like an idiot but here it goes I just purchased a performance package for a 2008 lmm from alligator performance including an idiho Rob tuned efi live auto cal 4" turbo back egr delete. My questions are when I do the exhaust what do I do with the fuel lines/sensors that go into the dpf and what will keep the truck from going into limp mode basically I need an install vid or someone that can explain it in lamens term s so I know with out a doubt I am doing this right

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Take a look at the DPF info thread located here:

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/07-5-2010-lmm-duramax-powertrain/74721-dpf-info-thread.html

Part 2. Removing it.

Now that you've learned all about the DPF, and you've decided to remove it from your truck, here's what you'll need to do.

Do Not, in anyway buy a "DPF Back" exhaust system. It will do nothing for you.. and it's a complete waste of time.

You will need a "tuner/programmer" that will be loaded into the truck, and will "delete" the DPF system from the engine. These are all sold as "for off road use only". And most tuners require you to register the unit, and sign a release saying that you understand that.

You will need to physically remove the DPF from the truck There are a couple ways to do this. You can either get a "DPF delete pipe" that only replaces the DPF, and keeps all the sensors plugged in. This option is the most costly, but does retain the most "stock" look.

You can also just get any exhaust system you want for a 2001 to 2010 Duramax (they're all the same). You just have to make sure you order what you have, Single Cab, Crew Cab, 6' bed, or 8' Bed.

There are many supporting vendors here that can recommend and sell you the appropriate products to fit your budget.

If you choose to pull the stock exhaust out, you will need to unplug the sensors that go from the exhaust back to the wiring. Just tape up the ends of the sensors, and zip tie them up out of the way.

That's basically it, it's not really hard to do, and it really doesn't take that much time, expect to spend an afternoon in the driveway. Having a buddy to help align up the exhaust will be of great help too.

Reactions: Shaner198

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank u alot that helped immensely and was exactly what I was looking for once again thanku I woul be clueless without this forum

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
No problem good luck with the install!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.