Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Not 100% sure but it appears to be an egt sensor thats hanging. May want to call afe and ask them about it or who you got the exhaust from. It will either throw a cel for it or just max the egt sensor out on a gauge. Ones a problem one isnt.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I put dual exhaust on and had to shorten one pipe so the lead would reach, not much give over there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I had read the reviews on aFe before I purchased. I’m not impressed. Besides the absence of the sensor bung, the fitment pretty much sucks. The outlets are impossible to match. Spent hours twisting, adjusting and cussing. Nowhere in their instructions does it say you’ll need a torch to install. You will if you want your tips to somewhat match.

I cut the bung out of my stock exhaust and welded it into the new one. Seems to have worked.

Thanks for the replies👍

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
What am I missing here?
Uniformity?
A balanced look?
Dual thrusts for launches?

A single on one side.....is like living with crooked pictures hanging on every wall in the house. :scareee

So let's put a huge oversized tip on the single. 'dunno;
That'll blend.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think dual exhaust looks good on all trucks but for functionality it does nothing for these new diesels that have the def system unless you can engineer a dual dpf with dual sensors and yatta yatta yatta. That being said from the outside looking in it makes the truck look meaner unless its 9 inch stacks like really boys these freightliners and mac's and peterbuilts dont even have that big of stacks let's get real and the Cummins with dials is that for bank 1 and bank 2? Is that front 3 pistons and back 3 pistons? Cause I know that's not how its plumbed but whatever it is what it is I think the the dual pipes out the back looks good but more functional on gassers

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
To have true dual exhausts you would have to start with twins, then you would either have to have a full delete or fully duplicate the cat(s) DPF, DEF, temp sensors etc. Of course you would need a second ECM to run them because the original ECM has no capability to handle two exhausts. So twins and full delete it is. Now, where to put the second pipe? I guess you could remove the fuel tank and have a tank in the bed so that you could run the second pipe down the left side. There is still a lot of stuff that would have to be moved in other places but it could be done.

I'm guessing some of you part your hair down the middle and can't stand Cindy Crawford's "beauty mark", which moves around regularly.

But what about the steering wheel? And the wipers? And Chevrolet isn't a palindrome? And 60/40 split bench seats? And lug nuts on one side that remove turning toward the rear while on the other side they remove turning toward the front? And the 4X4 decal on one side slants toward the front while the other slants toward the rear? And what about hats, they are every which-a-way?

Oh, man. What are we to do?

Aw, forget it.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
Can't shrink, if ya can't find it. :rofl

·
Registered
175 Posts
Add the other pipe. Truck will be balanced, symetrical, and all will be right with the world........and your parts.

To solve all the technical problems, it doesn't even have to be hooked up.

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,485 Posts
All that thrust on a single side though....only left NASCAR turns.

·
Registered
117 Posts
THANK you for confirming my prejudices...….I suspected as much.....

Horror of horrors - you are inferring my truck dosn't look mean ? How can I face life wondering whether people who see my truck don't think it looks mean or cool enough..... wont that cause certain parts of my anatomy to start shrinking....?

Most likely that's why they make aftermarket bumpers, grill guards, light bars, headache racks, toolboxes, lift kits, big tires and so on. Just to keep the parts the same size unless it's cold out bumpers wont fix that!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts