Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on ebay a bd exhaust manifold for the drivers side. What other mods do you need to run one of these? Are these manifolds even worth paying for? Is there any performance difference between ss or aluminized exhaust

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You don't have to do any other mods to run the BD exhaust manifold. It is just a little more free flowing. If you plan on adding an EGT guage, it already is drilled and tapped for the probe. As far as the exhaust, there is no difference except appearance. If you live in an area that uses salt on the road or deal with salt water, you would be better off getting SS. Otherwise, aluminized will work out just fine.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
ON your truck make sure you have plenty of time to put it on! After the fact they told me to soak the bolts a couple days before you do it. It'll take some patience. Goodluck to ya. I put mine on on Monday.

Ryan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed the BD manifold on my truck last weekend, only took about 2 hours. My truck only has 5,500 miles, so all the bolts came out easy. It wouldn't be a bad idea to soak the bolts, especially if your truck has some miles on it. BD doesn't mention it, but if you remove the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler, gives you alot more room to work. I will say I did notice a increase of power after replacing the stock manifold and it made installing the EGT probe very easy.

·
2,934 Posts
Also you can take out the bolt on your steering shaft. That makes it easier to get out as well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
has anyone got in trouble for having it as far as warranty

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone having a problem....just put the heatshield on it and to the untrained eye they wouldn't even notice it. You do have to reshape the heatshield from what I have read, but it goes right over the new manifold.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Heck i had the DEALER INSTALL mine... They thought it was a cool idea. Alot of guys didnt even realize the kink at the dealer.
I really like mine, i agree with the better spool up, i have no idea about the egts because the egt gauge came after the manifold.

·
2,934 Posts
YEah the heatshield needs some persuasion to go back on! LIttle hammer here little hammer there and presto! It fits. But just barely!

·
Registered
262 Posts
i might see into investing in one

·
Registered
262 Posts
love it it really changed the ride and looks alot better

1 - 20 of 21 Posts