Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys was wanting to know about some exhaust.....i just bought my first newly used 07 with low miles and was wanting to know if you have to run any kind of tuner with exhaust. Also if i should run the dpf delete or not and will it void the warranty if i do run the dpf delete......would appreciate your opinion and comments.......thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Assuming your 07 is a new body style and not a classic then Yes you have to run a programmer that is capable of dpf delete. the truck will not run if you dont. The dpf delete makes a huge difference. better fuel economy, more power, and an overall better driving experience IMO. Deleting the dpf will most likely void your warranty. I have a in with the chevy dealer that my grandmother owned for 25 years so I didnt have to worry about that. How many miles are on your truck? If you are anywhere close to 100,000 I would highly recommend deleting the DPF and the cat. I have a 4" mbrp straight pipe paired with the quadzilla stealth 2 on mine. straight pipes on these trucks are just loud enough to hear it but not too loud as to where it is annoying.
MEYER PERFORMANCE is a great place to buy what you need if you decide to delete. I went through them and they were awesome. Good prices and fast shipping. I ordered the exhaust and programmer combo on a tuesday afternoon at 5:30 and it was on my door step Wednesday at 2:30.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet yeah the warranty is almost up but i bought a gap package that included drivetrain for the life of the loan so thats where my worry comes to play and the stupid dealership wont return a phone for anything...so if i run the dpf back do i have to run a tuner......im trying to do little at a time.....ballin on a budget lol....stuff is way more expensive than im used to this is my first diesel....thanks for the info

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, you cannot delete the dpf without a programmer/tuner. google meyer performance and look at their delete kits. you can do it on a budget for around 600

1 - 4 of 4 Posts