Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any issues with their aftermarket exhaust oozzing at the joints? All the joints are oozing on mine. I had one clamp left over from the install and double clamped one joint. No more oooz on that one. Do I have to double clamp them all? Or is something else going on here?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got mine welded. The POS clamps were worthless as they didnt seal the joints very well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got mine welded. The POS clamps were worthless as they didnt seal the joints very well.

I hear that. Well I need to add the CAT back in for emissions so I don't want to weld one big long exhaust. Wish I could, but need to make sure I can still break it down. Again, my OCD was kicking in and I thought something was wrong.

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LBZ
2,192 Posts
The oozin,g if I am thinking of what you are talking about, is just grease from when they bend the exhaust. It should burn off in a little.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah never thought about the grease from the machining process. Could be. I'll just keep an eye on it and if it keeps oozzing I'll double clamp it.

·
Registered
2006 Chevy 2500HD CCSB LBZ
2,192 Posts
Is it kind of a white-yellowish grease? Then it is from the machining process... Oorah, what is your MOS? I did 18 months in 29 stumps and the rest at Pendleton. 03 to 07.......No need to double clamp

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
It really pisses you off when it ooozes out on to your polished tip :mad: the exhaust is coated from the factory.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it kind of a white-yellowish grease? Then it is from the machining process... Oorah, what is your MOS? I did 18 months in 29 stumps and the rest at Pendleton. 03 to 07.......No need to double clamp
I was in from 96-07. Japan, Virginia, 4 years at the stumps, Iraq, Kuwait, 3 years on the Depot in San Diego. Now I'm a nasty civilian working for the D.O.D. (USMC) But love it.

S/F

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah.....and no offense to the nasty civilians. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts