Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
I am a new diesel owner and not sure why it took soo long! 2009 Silverado and looking to just deepen the sound a little bit. What are my options on exhaust systems? Cat back going to give me a throatier sound or do I need to do a full system? Keeping the factory warranty is a must for now, so please keep that in mind...

I look forward to all of your expert advice and thank you in advance.

Ty

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
4'' straightpipe will make is sound much better... i recommend MBRB. 5'' will have a deeper sound and many say they are glad they got the 5''. it will lower your egts and improve mileage... idk what to say about CAT back or TB. I would get a TB though. you could always keep the stock exhuast and put in back on if you had to go to the stealership...

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
if you do tb and get ride of you DPF youll need a programmer to hold codes. which your dealship might not like either. But i can say my brother has an 08 cat back MBRP duals and it doesnt add to much sound

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I put on the full system and programmer, I can always unplug the programmer and set back to stock before service correct? How does a programmer work? Exhaust really shouldn't void a warranty. My last Hummer I had an aftermarket exhaust and the dealer never said a word. Diesel engines different when it comes to aftermarket?

I hate not knowing anything about this. Sorry guys there will be a lot of question, considering I want to do this right the first time.

if you do tb and get ride of you DPF youll need a programmer to hold codes. which your dealship might not like either. But i can say my brother has an 08 cat back MBRP duals and it doesnt add to much sound

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
MBRP exhaust all the way hands down gets my vote always

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cat back? what programmer so I can clear the codes and strore my factory settings in case of warranty work??

MBRP exhaust all the way hands down gets my vote always

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
i would saw TB back loose the cat and DPF and the muffler is your opinion but I run mine and it sounds good with the muffler

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
but I dont have a DPF so I dont know if that is done with the aftermarket exhaust or something else

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
well a 300 quad will do it. But it leaves a ghost well is shows that you have flashed it. but i dunno if you would have troubles just dont program more power to it. only use it to hold code from dpf off. and you should be ok

1 - 10 of 10 Posts