Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm about to pull the trigger on my new exhaust and I've settled on a MBRP 4" turbo back system. I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and get it in the black as opposed to stainless.

I am getting my bed line-x'd at the same time and they are also going to spray my toolbox for the all black look on my white truck. The front bumper will still be chrome, as well as the logos/badges (although I may have them blacked at some point). I am trying to decide if the black finish of the exhaust will compliment the line-x black or if I should just stick with SS.

Anyone have pics of the black system on a white truck? Opinions?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
here is my black stock exhaust with a cheap tip

then I switched to my 4" MBRP here is pics of both hope this helps

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
sry its hard to see the black!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I say ss unless your going for a blacked out white truck. But you can always get alluminized and then just do a chrome or black tip

·
Registered
197 Posts
Get aluminized and paint it with a high heat black paint before you install it. Many on here have done that and it is simple and a lot less expensive. You can always go under and touch up spray over the years if nneded then too and it will match.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Go with the black if you are going to black your truck out, I wish I would have saved up the money for the black mbrp series exhaust.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input (and pics). Keep it coming. I can't fully black out the truck noow, but I would like to eventually. Bumpers are the main expense I just can't do right now. Anyone closer than Nebraska wanna trade bumpers!!? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts