Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I recently purchased a 2016 2500 LML and am wanting to do an exhaust on it. The truck has zero performance modifications thus far however I am planning to do some. I am new to the diesel world and need some insight. From research thus far, I am leaning toward a 5" exhaust. That said, do I need to tune the truck for a 5" exhaust or can I just bolt it and run? Will I throw any codes by doing this as well?

Beyond happy with this truck so far. PFA
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Former GM Tech and parts
4,029 Posts
Unfortunately you can’t just bolt on an exhaust and run. Doing so makes the truck illegal, by removing federally required emission equipment. And there have been many companies and businesses taken action against by the enforcement agencies for making/offering tuning to be able to do this, as well as the companies that make the parts to do this. In the past few years, there has been much talk shut down on the forums, including this one, because the eyes are watching and will use the conversations here in the court cases.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.