Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Well, with the california emissions truck he will probably need a fingerstick and egr blocker. That will eliminate the codes and for a cheap price too. Have him check out kennedydiesel.com. I wasn't aware of the 2001s having cats with california emissions, but it wouldn't surprise me either. With the new exhaust, it will lower egts. The most restriction is from the cat. Welcome to the site!!

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Have you physically seen the cat on that truck? Let me do some more looking on the internet to see if I can find you one though.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
That isn't all that high on the egt. (I have seen over 1400 under the same conditions, but I was getting it) Maybe he should have got on it to cause a higher boost level. He might want to look into a ppe boost increase valve for his truck. What was his boost level on it when he hit those egts?

BTW, From what i have read, the 01s shouldn't need the blocker and fingerstick, but I would assume that his truck would throw codes without the cat.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
If he does get the exhaust, he might as well get the PPE boost increaser too. It is only like $50 or less depending on where you get it. Keep us posted though.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
yeah we did the same thing and it helped it sound better. I will have to let him know about the boost valve. not my truck so it's up to him... whats a good egt range for these? I have a cummins so it's a new ball game with the duramax
Keep your egts to 1400 or below and you should be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.