Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a turbo back exhaust system. I am looking for one that will give me the best fuel economy. I do not want to spend a ton of money but I don't want a cheap-o if you know what I mean. I also do not want something that will rumble my neighbors windows when I drive by. What do all of you guys run on your truck?

·
Vendor
10,957 Posts
Go with a 4" exhaust from either MBRP or Diamondeye. An aluminized one will hold up well in most areas but a SS is a good option for northern tear states or in Canada. If you are really worried about noise, Diamondeye makes a 4" turbo back with a resonator on the front pipe to help quiet it down some.

I carry all of these mentioned above in our store. If I can answer anymore questions or get you some specific pricing, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,

·
Registered
897 Posts
I run a 5" MBRP. I was debating between the 4" and 5" and went with the 5 because I knew if I didn't I would end up getting the 5 later on. Why? Because bigger is better right?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I run the 4" MBRP on my lmm. It's pretty quiet, I just put the delete pipe in there and it's a little louder but nothing ridiculous.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am looking to get a turbo back exhaust system. I am looking for one that will give me the best fuel economy. I do not want to spend a ton of money but I don't want a cheap-o if you know what I mean. I also do not want something that will rumble my neighbors windows when I drive by. What do all of you guys run on your truck?
U say you dont wanna piss of the neighbors but the sound is so much better straightpipe. as far as brand, just decide 4 or 5 in. pipe is pipe.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I run MBRP 5" straight pipe and love it. It's not really that loud until you put your right foot into the go pedal. If you worried about bothering your neighbors, just get an exhaust system that has a muffler with it and it will tone it down a good bit.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
I run a 4in like it just wish it was louder

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ok...next question on exhaust....

How many of you are running a rear air bag lift for leveling out your truck while towing? What exhaust are you running? What size? Does it interfere with the bag or look like it is too close for comfort?

I was hoping to do a dual 5" on my LB7 and don't want to damage my bags because at compression it may touch a hot exhaust or vice versa at extension it may touch a hot exhaust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts