Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I have noticed that if I am stopped at a sign or light, and the breeze is blowing just right, I get a strong exhaust smell in the cab. I figure its probably coming in through the vents. Does anyone know how to stop this or lessen the effects? Its on 04 so I know it doesnt have a cab filter. Help please?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pretty sure your 04 has 2 cabin filters. Could be wrong though. My 02 has 2. Doubt that would cut the smell down though. Not sure there is much that will work other than hitting you recirc button just prior to knowing when it is going to happen.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why would the vents ever be opened? I have to do a bunch under my truck this weekend so I will look for loose exhaust clamps and such.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Pretty sure your 04 has 2 cabin filters. Could be wrong though. My 02 has 2. Doubt that would cut the smell down though. Not sure there is much that will work other than hitting you recirc button just prior to knowing when it is going to happen.
Where are the 2 filters at? I have only changed the one that is under the passenger side dash.

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
There's another one on the opposite side, near the one you changed I am told. I've never bothered to change them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Oh man! I changed the passenger side and I couldn't believe how dirty it was! I was impressed on how much more air flow I got and how my truck ended up smelling tons better.

SO CHANGE IT!!!!

·
XBoxLive: RenegadeDuramax
1,776 Posts
LOL... well I guess it's a good thing I didn't tear my dash apart to try to find them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Where are the 2 filters at? I have only changed the one that is under the passenger side dash.
If you have one, you likely have 2. They are beside each other. Unless, of course your 04 is different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts