Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know if anybody makes a tip with a 5" inlet that is just slightly bigger on the outlet. I feel like a 6" outlet will look to big on my stock height truck. I was thinking a stainless tip that was a 5" inner diameter that could slide over a 5" tailpipe would dress it up. Anybody know of anything like this or maybe somewhere that could make something like this?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I have a 6" MBRP on my truck and I like it. Personal preference I guess.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Mine is a six and looks just fine. Now if you went 8" then yea that'll look goofy. But it really doesn't look stupid IMO and I'm still sittin on 265s and factory rake

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think my 6" mbrb looks tasteful. It's just the right size for the 5" exhaust IMO.

Mike

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I think my 6" mbrb looks tasteful. It's just the right size for the 5" exhaust IMO.

Mike
Agreed, it doesn't give that "beach ball on the end of a straw" look that some get when they put huge giant tips on. It's just right:thumb

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I always say a inch bigger then your exhaust looks about perfect. I just ordered a 5-6 mbrp for my 5 inch exhaust.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
My truck is stock height and I have a 6" MBRP tip and in my opinion, it looks fine. Not the best pics by any means but maybe they will help you with your decision.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have no lift. Im going to contact some of the different manufactures and see what they have or if they can make me what I want.

anybody know someone that can make exhaust tips? I need someone that can take a piece of seamless 5" I.D. pipe and maype stretch it just a hair so that it would slide right over a 5" O.D. pipe. Mitre the end. If it was a stainless pipe I could then sand, sand, and sand some more and polish it out.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I don't really know why you don't just get a 6" tip and be done with it. Just seems like alot of work just an exhaust tip.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I probably will. a man wants what he wants what else can I say. thats the great thing about customization no two truck are identical

1 - 13 of 13 Posts