Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm debating on getting a five inch exhaust for my lb7
Or straight piping it now I don't have much money
And I know I can straight pipe it cheap.
Opinions please and ideas

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
I love the way my 5 inch sounds. Sounds a ton better than my buddys truck who just deleted the muffler and cat and left everything at 3.5 inch. If you just straight pipe it now, I bet you will end up adding the 5 inch at some point anyways

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have a 4" straight pipe and LOVE the sound. I always get compliments. I have heard the LLY and up sounds different than an LB7 because of the VVT

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But overall straight piping is cheaper am I correct?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I'm debating the same thing right now . I had a 5'' straight pipe set up and it sounded badd ass but I felt bad for my neighbors I leave way too early in the am and I could really hear it in the house while it was warming up so I knew the neighbors could too . So I sold it and put the stock system back on . I HATE THE STOCK SYSTEM ..lol But since my truck is a CALI truck with a CAT I'm going a different route I'm ordering a CAT eliminator front pipe and a 4'' CAT back straight pipe exhaust .. I'll have about $350 into it but I need to be able to put the CAT back in for emissions testing . I figure If its not rumble enough I'll get a big fancy tip to add a little rumble ..If its still too lound I'll add a muffler . I hope all that made sense lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol it did but dam ya I want the 5" I've had a friend with one and it was badass.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Get the 5" I never looked back

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
if noise is not an issue for you then Id def save the cash and get the 5'' ..you just cant cant beat the sound of it

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Here is what my 4" straight sounds like in my LLY. I clipped the microphone on the rear bumper near where the exhaust exits. It's not nearly this loud in the cab, in fact, it's similar to the stock exhaust when you are just cruising down the road. It screams when you get on it.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
check out mkmcustoms aka sinister diesel. they have a 4"dp 5" turboback system for less than $500. no muffler, whats the point, turbo whistle sounds great, hence my forum name

My truck can whistle can yours?......

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
there s a 5inch diamond eye on ebay with a free tip for $313.00 right now

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
where you finding 5" turbo back for under $300??
Performance truck products. Have ordered from them twice now and so has my dad. Great company. Paid like $289 shipped for my first exhaust, 5" Diamond Eye straight pipe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
Performance truck products. Have ordered from them twice now and so has my dad. Great company. Paid like $289 shipped for my first exhaust, 5" Diamond Eye straight pipe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
can ya send me a link to that system??

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts