Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANyone know of any problems with taking off the UGLY stock tailpipe?

·
Registered
262 Posts
yeah the weird sape actually draws in cool air so it does not melt during regeneration

·
Registered
93 Posts
How hot do the egt's get when the engine goes into regeneration mode? I read like 13-1500 degrees. I still don't see how the aftermarket is going to overcome all of those turns and filters to make a decent flowing exhaust system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would like someone tell me how in the world that dadburned contraption on the end of the tail pipe can draw in cool air with 20+" boost push or trying to push the exhaust out.If any thing that necked down space age looking piece of junk is going to cause higher E.G.T.s & lower M.P.G.s

·
Registered
262 Posts
i heard the chevys can get to in excess of 2000+ degrees. i know that RBP has a complete turboback for the fords that does not throw any codes so they have already found ways to get around it

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
just yesterday i seen on another site a brand new LMM with a straight exhaust and with some nice 5" miter stacks..i'll see if i can't get the link for ya.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Ugly exhaust tip is nothing more than a Venturi when all of the Hot Exhaust is pushing out it draws ambient air in and thats how it cools. Take two pieces of paper and put them side by side about an inch apart and blow between them and you will see the principal. In stead of blowing the paper apart it pulls it in creating a vac.

·
Registered
128 Posts
There is a local GM dealer in town who caught my attention. They have 3 or 4 lmm trucks with aftermarket exhausts on them. Naturally, i stopped in to see it. I spoke to the "truck" manager, and he told me that it was a system used on the classic trucks. I asked him about howd they get around the EGT and DPF issues. He replied "what are you talking about-theres nothing to worry about-I can sell you this exhaust installed for $999". He also said that they had sold about a dozen trucks with this setup and no problems reported. Is this dude nucking futs or have I been concerned for no reason at all. Glad I didnt buy from there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys.... I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything on an exhaust for new lmm dmax..... I know that mbrp has one but i am looking for on from the trubo back... Also want to get rid of the filter and cat...... I have a bully dog power pup for it now..... It has a setting to shut off the filter what do you know about that.... Please let me know thanks.....

·
Registered
162 Posts
MBRP and Magnaflow are the only ones that i have seen making any kind of exhaust for the new LMM. They are only a DPF back system, with or without the muffler delete pipe. I ordered the MBRP system yesterday should recieve it next week. I will post my comments and pics when it is installed. My EGT's during regeneration usually run between 1200 and 1500 and i am running 40in tires with the edge programmer set on level#3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2007.5 LMM exhaust

MBRP and Magnaflow both advertise exhaust systems for the 2007.5 LMM. Their systems don't have the bazooka tip. Would there be a problem using their system if they specify it is for the LMM?

·
Registered
128 Posts
MBRP and Magnaflow both advertise exhaust systems for the 2007.5 LMM. Their systems don't have the bazooka tip. Would there be a problem using their system if they specify it is for the LMM?
I looked at both online. they each have the cooling "vents" built in, but in a much more tasteful way than stock. Im leaning towards MBRP.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It cools the 1,000 degree air leaving your pipe by mixing with outside air - that is all. So you toddler does not get torched......

And I like to massive stock tip myself !

:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was told by a good friend of mine who knows his s*** and he told me someone did a study on the stock tip vs. a aftermarket tip, and during regeneration the egt's were the same if not cooler. I brought this up at dieselplace.com and a few guys over there have heard the same thing. Fact or fiction , that i am not sure of.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts