Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a new cat back system let out more smoke

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Not with out adding a programer of some sort, gotta give it more fuel to get er to smoke.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if i got a programmer it would smoke more?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
depending how much hp you add for instance a 80hp tune will cause very little smoke but a 150hp tune will make some smoke worth seeing..

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
depending how much hp you add for instance a 80hp tune will cause very little smoke but a 150hp tune will make some smoke worth seeing..
Yeah smoke usually comes with tranny trashing power. The predator tunes smoke pretty good!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
isnt it bad for your truck when you run those programmers on the really high settings if your truck is basically stock

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
isnt it bad for your truck when you run those programmers on the really high settings if your truck is basically stock
it's not so bad for your truck as it is for your tranny:D:fart

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya thats what i thoght, so if i plan on running on a high setting at all i need to upgrade my tranny

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
if you keep the WOT in the highers to a minumim you can run for a long time with 380rwhp to 400rwhp but anything over that you will run ito the red zone ratherly quickly..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what is WOT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts