Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

Trying to get my factory exhaust of and the nut that is on the clamp that hold the down pipe and front pipe together wont come loose. I had a 10mm socket on it had a pretty good stain on oi put it rounded the bolt some

Any help please:confused:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Vise grips are your best friend when a bolt starts rounding off like that!

Jon

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
You are talking about the bolts on the down pipe where it meets the turbo direct pipe aren't you? If so vice grips will not be to tight but if they are then get you an air grinder and grind the head off of the clamp. Once that is done just remove the bolt and replace it with another or cut the clamp an go to the chevy dealer and buy a new one for a few dollars!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
WHAT??? I did everything from under my truck.... Hmmm......

·
Registered
58 Posts
if you dont want to replace clamp, go to your local sears and buys basic 5 piece damaged, nut/bolt remover,, tap on with hammer then spin off,,,,, then all you got to replace is the nut,, and you can put better direct pressure on it from underneath the truck rather than through fender..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.