Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would running 3"dual straight pipes on my 01 dmax hurt performance and/or fuel mileage?

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts
I think the 2001 is like my 2003, comes stock with 3.5 inch. I just had my muffler cut off the other day and I am running single straight pipe.

It is louder, by a little bit, but I can tell it spools up faster.

Why do you want to go 3 inch?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I can't find a place around here that bends 4" they can only bend up to 3". I'd like to go 4"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm impacient and cheap. Lol

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
300 bucks is pretty cheap! Ask around to some of the vendors if they have something in stock for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
U have to put a y after the trubo. I know 3" is smaller that's why I was wondering if it would hurt. I'd rather go 4"

·
Rode the Short Bus
2,380 Posts
For $299, I bet the custom exhaust you are hunting would be about the same. Although duals does look good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input. I'm going to talk around with some of the vendors and see what they got. If anyone knows of some good ones let me know. And thanks again

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
Just to clear it up....diesel trucks that you see with dual pipes only have 1 pipe that runs the length of the truck, then it splits before the rear axle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you put the spliter close enough to the turbo then the dual 3" will actually be 6" of exaust. i think it will help. I removed the muffler from mine and gained @1 mpg and did feel a bit of gain on performance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts