Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a turbo back exhaust.

anybody have any links........i looked at banks, but it didnt look like it was a turbo back system.

thanks

matt

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
THere is no true turbo back system for a dmax un less you change turbos. YOu can either get a cat back or a front pipe back(turbo back). I recomend a Mbrp system, you cant beat them, good quality and great fit!

TTS power systems makes a tru turbo back set up for the stock turbo, but plan on $600+ for just the down pipe and front pipe:rolleyes:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THere is no true turbo back system for a dmax un less you change turbos. YOu can either get a cat back or a front pipe back(turbo back). I recomend a Mbrp system, you cant beat them, good quality and great fit!

TTS power systems makes a tru turbo back set up for the stock turbo, but plan on $600+ for just the down pipe and front pipe:rolleyes:
yeah F that crap.

im just looking for a good exhaust and not to pricey, want to start modding the truck since my M3 is gonna be in the garage all winter. the truck is too quite now lol

·
3,162 Posts
Just for the record the true turbo back pipe has proven no gains ( thats why there arent rreally any on the market) on the dyno compared to the stock down pipe and a 4" Front pipe!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not really looking to make it all that fast. just looking for more noise.

maybe a programer later next year.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is no cat on my truck. came like that from chevy. only thing on there is the muffler.

was gonna get 4" pipe for better flow to.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You can save some money and just straight pipe it. I didn't see any loss in EGT going from straight pipe to 4" MBRP "turbo back" (down pipe back)system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
But would there be a difference from the strait pipe to 4" if you were towing?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
think when i get the chance ill hack the muffler off and put a piece of pipe in there.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Not a whole lot of difference....straight pipe got real loud in the cab around 2200 RPMs. The 4" MBRP with muffler is a little mellower, but there is a resonance in the cab all the time. Straight pipe was only a little louder than stock while cruising at about 2000 RPMs (about 70 mph for me).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Exhaust ??'s

04LB7,

Check out the AFE or MBRP systems, we stock them both and they are the best value going for fit finish and options like cat back, front pipe back etc etc. Call us and we'll be glad to help you on them.

Mark @ DPPI

·
3,162 Posts
Loosing the cat in your case will be a huge egt improverment 4'' even more since you are running a bigger program!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
04LB7,

Check out the AFE or MBRP systems, we stock them both and they are the best value going for fit finish and options like cat back, front pipe back etc etc. Call us and we'll be glad to help you on them.

Mark @ DPPI
ill check it out.......ive looked at the MBRP but ill look at AFE too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I like the MBRP 5in alot better then the stock strait pipe i had!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Loosing the cat in your case will be a huge egt improverment 4'' even more since you are running a bigger program!
Thanks for the info on loosing the cat. I won't be running the big program while towing and will still probably run 4" when I get the money to do so. you had asked if the Bully Dog read DTC's, yes it does. If I had to do all this all over again I think I would go with EFI live because of the almost unlimited programming possibilities. The BD was a good one for updates and all but there is no forum for help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We know, us LLY guys like people like you that sell your stock system:D

well dont think ill be getting rid of it. probably gonna cut the muffler out of it sometime this week, whenever i get the chance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I still have my stock strait pipe system if anybody close would want it. Id give it away. Its for ext. cab short bed

·
Registered
300 Posts
I still have my stock strait pipe system if anybody close would want it. Id give it away. Its for ext. cab short bed
Your front pipe is worth about 40$ id sell it.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts