Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a problem with the drivers side extended cab door making a noise when turning into driveways, traveling rough roads etc? I can't tell if the door itself is twisting a bit or if it is the weatherstriping making the noise.

The other problem is the passenger side extended door does not close completely unless you slam it harder. When people ride in the back seat I'm forever having to tell them your door didn't close. The drivers side extended door closes like it should, but the passenger side exteneded door does not. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yep. I have both of those issues.

The noise issue is supposedly fixed with squeak tape from 3M applied to the locations where weather stripping touches the metal part of the cab.

As far as the doors closing properly, I took my truck to my local body shop who just took a quick peak at it and said that the doors are adjustable, and they could probably fix my door closing problems whenever I get a chance to bring it in to them (or I may attempt the adjustment myself).

In the meantime, I find that if I close the door by applying the force to the top of the door instead of the middle of the door, it closes properly about 90% of the time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Some times you have to open the door all the way to get it to close properly. If both doors are doing it, have them aligned. For the squeak, press all the panels to see if you can seat them. I had a rattle, pressed the door panels so they were properly seated and the rattle went away.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Does anyone else have a problem with the drivers side extended cab door making a noise when turning into driveways, traveling rough roads etc? I can't tell if the door itself is twisting a bit or if it is the weatherstriping making the noise.
The other problem is the passenger side extended door does not close completely unless you slam it harder. When people ride in the back seat I'm forever having to tell them your door didn't close. The drivers side extended door closes like it should, but the passenger side exteneded door does not. Anyone else have this problem?
Yes some of our company trucks have that noise. Its the door rubbing against the weather stripping and it even does that noise when you are on the highway. My company truck does not do this because i have babied it and when i go through any kind of bar ditch i either go at it straight on or to were the body is not gunna twist. But some employees will go through them with the body twisting to as it was a rock crawler. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts