Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but, I'm coming up on the end of my 3 year/36,000mi Bumper to Bumper warranty and thinking about getting an extended warranty. Has anyone bought an extended warranty? What seems to be a fair price? Any suggestions? I've called a few dealers around but only one has called back so far and I thought it was expensive.

Any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
You just have to call different dealers. but before you worry about the price, you need to find out what they cover, and you may find out you will not be getting what you think you are - not the same as a factory warranty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You just have to call different dealers. but before you worry about the price, you need to find out what they cover, and you may find out you will not be getting what you think you are - not the same as a factory warranty.
Thanks Ron. I called 4 but still the other 3 haven’t returned my call. The one gave me a quote for a GMPP extended warranty but like I said it seems expensive to me. But until I hear back from the others I guess I won’t really know unless anyone here has experience with this as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Ron. I called 4 but still the other 3 haven’t returned my call. The one gave me a quote for a GMPP extended warranty but like I said it seems expensive to me. But until I hear back from the others I guess I won’t really know unless anyone here has experience with this as well.

GMPP extended warranty should be near bumper to bumper coverage.. read the details. Bought one 10 years ago... Fairly comprehensive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Call this guy. He does the GMPP and you can choose the years and mileage you want.

·
Registered
299 Posts

As long as your factory warranty is still in effect, you can extend with a GMPP.

I bought through James Black Cadillac before, and plan to do so again when the time comes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Call this guy. He does the GMPP and you can choose the years and mileage you want.
Thanks so much I’ll be calling them tomorrow!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

As long as your factory warranty is still in effect, you can extend with a GMPP.

I bought through James Black Cadillac before, and plan to do so again when the time comes.
Thank you! I’ll be calling this one tomorrow as well!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have been using Dennis Fichtner on all our new GM vehicles for the GMPP.
Contact him at : [email protected].
Dennis is located in Billings Montana

·
Registered
156 Posts
Update: Dennis Fichtner is now located at Laurel Chevrolet in Montana.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a plan through Ally. Dealership said they were easy to deal with. It’s a 10/100k bumper to bumper. I paid 1200ish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts