Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking bout making the truck a little more eye catchy and i was wondering what everyone has done to do so...i have a dark charcoal crew cab gms dmax with a 6in lift, chrome step bars, cowl induction hood and stickers that say 6.6 duramax diesel decal on each side of cowl...also have a 5inch pipe with 6inch tip...so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas for me and maybe some pictures to back it up... ex. headlights, roll bar, brush guard, etc...thanks guys

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
demold the sides meaning the 2500HD sticker and the chrome molding on the doors,it is amazing how much cleaner it looks and for the rest buy a set of 20X10 Mazzi Hulk 755 chrome wheels along with some 35-12.50R20 A/T or M/T tires and then if you want more add the chrome push bars on the front..just some thoughts i had..

·
Registered
855 Posts
Goodies

Diddo to what Tyreboyz said, I would talk off the side mouldings, the 4x4 stickers, and the 2500HD plates but keep the D-max ones of course. Also I would see if you could get a set of color matched escalade door handles. I have them on mine it is one of my favorite custom pieces. Oh and you could also do a billet grille.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you want looks and a truck that says get the hell out of my way i would check out Ranch Hand - Your #1 Source for Truck Accessories. I have a full front and rear replacement bumpers and they are almost bulletproof. I have hit several deer, been rear ended with no damage. They offer great protection and look great. I would say about 60% of trucks here in texas are equipped with them. Plus when you come up behind someone it generally doesn't take them long to get out of the way. You could add some lights up front and maybe a winch if you would use it. Your truck would look killer :rockin

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
now if i took off my emblems wont there be paint flaws abd rough spots, or do they come off easily...i dont see the chrome moldingings on the doors coming off to easy...and besides dealer you guys know a website to get things like the escalade door handles?
Just found some on ebay but i was wonderin which one would look better..all paint match or paint match with chrome pull?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
to take off any emblems on the truck use a hairdryer and heat it up first and slowly pleel and the glue should come off very nicely and on my truck the paint was in perfect condition under the emblems..the bigg bumpers look good but they add alot of weight to the front of the truck..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i agree on the bimpers, but i think my truck looks real clean and flashy, and if i got any bumper it would prolly just be a chrome brush guard

·
Registered
855 Posts
yeah on the escalade door handles i would defintely do the chrome pull on them. It just adds a nice little touch. There is a website called jpcustoms.com and I am almost certain you can find them there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree about keeping it clean. The GMC models don't have anywhere near as boxy a front as the our Chevrolets. I wouldn't cover it up. It sounds like these guys are pointing you in the right direction. Oh yeah, tint it nice and dark.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the advice guys..i already have dark tint sunshade and all 4 windows...i think ill debadge it and get the handles this week, but her is how she looks so far

·
Registered
613 Posts
I heard you can order a plastic piece the covers where the antenna goes.You unscrew the antenna,put it under the hood,reground it,and put this plastic piece over where the antenna screwed in and no more antenna sticking up for someone to break off.I think the piece is listed for a escalade.Anybody try this ???

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,975 Posts
I would find a billet grille and a chrome bull bar with some 5" round lights on it. You still keep the appearance of the GMC front end and get a little extra bling.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Plastic Door molding

Does anyone know if the Plastic door molding on a 2008 chevy 2500hd is put on with two sided tape. If so does it have any holes that would need fill if they are removed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
billet grill and halo projector headlight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts