Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get out of my truck today at work got some dinger going off, i was runing last just let it.
Got home same dinger but i notice my cab lights, adn front lights wont go off.

I thought it might cause i think it set for like 30sec or so. Go out a few minutes later there still on, so i turn the light swicth to the off postion.

They go off adn dinger stops. What should i check.

its for a 2004.5 gmc loaded, if that matters

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
did you have the light switch on? it is unclear because you said you turned it off. sounds like it is working as advertised. as long as you are in the auto position, it should go off on it's own.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was in the on postion, i turned it off one to see if the dinger would stop. now it did do that. 2 the exterior lights went off as suppose to.

but if i remember right before i would just cut the swicth off and then a few momnet later all the lights would go off.

·
Administrator
8,818 Posts
Sounds like its working right. Lights stay on in the on position and go off when in the off position. When locking the truck by the remote or switch before getting out the interior lights may stay on for a little while. If there is a delay after shutting off the truck until when the lights go out, check the DIC. There is a menu option for that.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is set up for the exit liek that, but what im saying is they are not ever goiing off.
like some relay is stuck or something

·
Registered
984 Posts
even in the "auto" position they are not ever going off? Just seams like some user error or need some better explaination here to help ya pin point!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so today the truck acted like it shoudl, it could have been me all along.
but it was in the auto postion, when all this took place.
always it seems to be working for now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts