Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a trip to Vegas then to havasu. 430 miles +/- filled up at 22 gal meaning i got 19.6mpg +/- hand calculated. That was on my high hp tune cruising 80. Can't believe it. Would be crazy to see if I can get it into the 20s.

·
WOOD... man!
4,209 Posts
:thumbb

Bet you can get it into the 20's if you step it back to 70mph, no aggressive accelerations getting on the interstate or passing cars, and do not let it just sit and idle if you're going to be stationary for long.

I hate turning the truck off if I'm only going to be in a parking lot for a short time. But that short time turns into 30mins to an hour (partly due to cold weather conditions during my last trip). Killed my mpg's. Don't know why but my truck seems to use quite a bit of fuel just idling.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that I've heard that they get worse fuel consumption idleing but I can't back that up lol

·
WOOD... man!
4,209 Posts
During one of the recent trips I got a relatively easy 19.75 mpg. Just set the cruise on 70 and let her go. It'll do better!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was telling my wife I wonder what it'll get doing 65.

·
WOOD... man!
4,209 Posts
I tried the same thing. Was somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 mpg. Was cool to see the increase but not worth it to run slow in the right lane and get hung up behind slow moving semi trucks vs. the savings at the pumps.

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
:thumb

·
Registered
331 Posts
i got 20.5 with the cruise at 70 with a stock tune.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I get shit mpg with my lbz. Winter blend is my problem i think.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
nice mpgs, damn lb7's

·
Registered
559 Posts
Nice! My lbz was averaging around 18 mixed driving during the summer. I just threw on some 285s and the winter fuel is here so now I'm averaging anywhere between 14-16. Idling in the morning definitely sucks, especially high idle lol. You can just watch the needle go down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts