Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to install EZPass that sticks right on the windshield ,one time only. Want to put it under the mirror but it has aome perf metal or something on the front windshield. Will it still work if i put it there?

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can go to PEP Boys and buy an EZ pass holder that suction cups to the windshield then you can move it from car to car.
Some people keep it off the window and hold it up against the window as they go through EZ Pass.

As for your question you shouldnt have a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I got one in my 03 just to the right side of the mirror and never had a problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
EZ Pass Holder Option #2

Sandbag,
If you are looking for an EZ Pass holder witha little personality. I got one from EZ Pass holder, I-Pass holder, Fast Lane holder, Toll Tag Holders. This one lays flat against the inside of the windshield with an adhesive so there are no suction cups. The EZ Pass attaches to the back of it with the Velcro strips , so you can move the ezpass to a different vehicle. What makes the Logo Toll Tag one special is that they have Sports Team logos, Like NFL, MLB, NASCAR and a couple of colleges and some hockey. I think it looks better than having a blank white spot on my truck's windshield.

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
You guys can't roll enough coal to blind the camera lens?:confused::drink
Get ya a infrared remote controller and SAVE MONEY!!!!:rof
[i will not be responsible for unpaid tolls!!],some work,serious look it up,some infrared lights/led's temp blind a toll camera...If the state boys are near the toll booth,then just pay......:rof

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
You guys can't roll enough coal to blind the camera lens?:confused::drink
Get ya a infrared remote controller and SAVE MONEY!!!!:rof
[i will not be responsible for unpaid tolls!!],some work,serious look it up,some infrared lights/led's temp blind a toll camera...If the state boys are near the toll booth,then just pay......:rof
oh i can roll enough coal trust me i got the video to prove it haha

thats not a bad idea but i dont go through enough tools to worry about it

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
I hear ya man!!
I always pay my ''tools'' every time^^:D

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2009 Silverado

it's a 2009 silverado and it has some perf type metal attached to the window around the mirror

·
Registered
97 Posts
No problem. I installed all of mine up behind the mirror right on top of that black paint including my 2009 Sierra. Works perfectly and is not as noticable on both the inside and out.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
I didn't want any of that crap stuck up in my line of site. Larger trucks not having much slope on the glass use one for the front license plate. An 8" long black bar that I just lay on the dash at the base of the wind screen.

All the toll people at the booths don't see a sticker on the glass and give me the evil eye when I drive through and don't stop. :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have an 08 and have the same material behind the mirror. Mount the transponder at least 1/2 inch away from the edge of the material. Mine is located on the passenger side of the mirror in the corner as close to the mount as possible using the dimensions noted above. BTW that is what the mounting requirements are here in VA, but as the transponders all basically the same, I'm sure your state/system requirements are the same and I just use the Velcro mounts that you get with the transponder and have never had the Velcro fail yet in the last 8 or so years they have been in use here in VA.

I have never had a problem, and you can not really tell it is mounted as it is hidden by the mirror, at least from the driver seat. Can't tell ya about the passenger seat as I never sit there.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Here is mine

EZ pass on the left of the photo and Florida SunPass on the right. Both work just fine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm ready to install EZPass that sticks right on the windshield ,one time only. Want to put it under the mirror but it has aome perf metal or something on the front windshield. Will it still work if i put it there?
I know this sounds dumb but what is a EZPass?

·
Registered
418 Posts
An ezpass lets you go through toll booths without stopping.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts