Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the section to post this....

Chick I know is needing to find a safe tuner, and exhaust for a 2005 f-350 CC LB dually with the 6.0L. Does anybody know of any options that they would recommend?

TIA

·
Registered
651 Posts
SCT with custom tunes -- she can go from mild to wild. All her choice on which tunes she gets. Don't go to any race or crazy tunes until she has that thing studded!

Exhaust - pretty much any exhaust like MBRP, Silverline, etc. will do. I think you can get a 4" downpipe in a 6.0L, but sometimes it requires some "modification" of the firewall.... otherwise, 3.5" DP to a 4" or 5" exhaust would do her wonders.. and straight pipe that sucker! 6.0L sound bad a$$!!

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
I suggest a Superchips tuner, they are a very good tuner for the 6.0L. They are safe but still provide great power. For the exhaust MBRP gets my vote. If I can help in anyway let me know.

Tyler
MPF

·
Registered
651 Posts
Just curious... but why wouldn't you go ahead and buy an SCT that CAN be customized in the future, even though you may not need custom tunes now, and just run some canned tunes or a "weak/safe" tune instead of buying a Superchips tuner now, then realizing you are stuck with that when you want to upgrade and now have to sell it and buy the SCT/other tuner???

·
Registered
13,927 Posts
The Superchips is a great tuner for the 6.0, if the guy wants to go farther in the future I do suggest SCT. But with the 6.0 it can get expensive if you want to run a decently large tune.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Agreed - IF and I mean IF there is any chance, even a SLIVER of a thought you MAY want to upgrade in the future.. go SCT - otherwise.. Superchips would be adequate.

(although, I'm not sure what the price comparisons are... so that might weigh pretty good on the decision also...)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Spend the money on the head studs first!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a chick, doubt she'll ever go too far as far as tuning is concerned, I just didn't want to tell her a tuner/chip that was going to pop the motor...

Tyler, shoot me some prices please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts