Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed my Fab Fours Black Steel Pre-Runner front replacement. Total time took about 2.5 hours. Afterwards I had to trim the wheel well quite a bit but I am extremely happy with the look it. No offense to anyone, but the Ranchhand bull nose look didnt appeal to me with keeping the upper piece of the bumper or "bezel" creating a lower look of Ranchhand. The Frontier Gear bullnose looked kind of bulky on a buddy's truck. This one by Fab Fours IMO looks real sporty & the craftsmanship is very good. It came with all the correct hardware & extra bolts/washers/nuts as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Man that looks great! I was just about to order the full grill guard FF, but your pictures might have changed my mind. It looks great!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live off 1488 and 45. Thanks y'all, I like it a lot. It really makes the truck look meaner

·
Registered
956 Posts
so do that many steers run across the road that you guys really need these things? just curious as to why so many want that much weight hanging on the front and whats gonna happen to whoever your gonna hit if you get into an accident.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steers? Just because we're from Texas doesn't mean there's free range cattle everywhere jackwagon. It's called FENCE. I have hit about 4 or 5 deer in the past 3 years and had a replacement bumper on that truck and I promise you it saved me about a grand each time from having to replace a grille/headlight/radiator/fender etc...As for your comment on the weight, the bumper dropped my front end about an 1/8" so it hardly affected it. As for your OTHER comment on what will happen to whoever I hit in an accident, at that point in time, I'm not worried about their safety as much as my wife & I.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I wasnt trying to come off as a dk but appt you took it that way cause someone asked you a question instead of praising the bumper! As for the steers comment appt you guys take to much to heart on the whole issue. Ive spent enough time in that state to know that theres no free range cattle running amuk, but boy us up north of the mason dixie line must think your from the wild wild west! But hey sorry to burst your bubble buddy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Alright man if you had been in the state as much as you say then I dont see why you'd ask such an ignorant question about steers being a problem when you claim you know they arent free range cattle. Plus, all or most steers are in feedlots, not pastures. Texas is not the wild west man cmon. Im just sayin, the questions you asked sounded pretty ignorant & out of context. But to legitimately answer your questions, I like the look of these bumpers so much that the weight isnt a problem to me, & they dont weigh as much some think that they dont drop the front too bad. If I hit someone in an accident, I really would care more about the safety of my wife & I rather than theirs. That may be selfish but its true. I had no intention of coming across offensive either, just defending myself to a post read out of context.

·
Registered
956 Posts
yeah sorry sometimes sarcasim is hard to tell through text, but yeah i get the saftey issue, ive just seen what they do to people when it comes to our trucks with these and cars or smaller trucks not pretty. Thats all, we all have our tastes

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Looks good man, I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on the premium Fab Fours bumper with full brush guard for my Quicksilver '13. It just costs so much, that every time I think about it, I think about all the other things I could spend the money on...oh well, one day I'll do it. :thumb

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I understand man, I had to just order it without thinking too much on it or else I wouldve talked myself out of it haha.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts