Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read the instructions. I could probably do it in 4-6 hrs.

·
Registered
195 Posts
^^ I agree. The stance and look of that truck on their site look great but the angles would concern me.

Also, I was looking at their link for the dual shock setup with the hoop and it looks like the two shocks tie down to the lower control arm.. I thought they always used to mount to the UCA?? I think that'd be pretty cool if what I'm seeing is correct!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure the angles would be really extreme. Fabtech doesn't seem to be the type of outfit to put stuff on the market that doesn't work though? Do we know that steep cv angles are really that bad on the '11? I hope someone is willing to try it out so I don't have to find out it sucks on my truck!

·
Registered
482 Posts
So no one yet? This is the one I'm considering the most. Is it the cost that's keeping this unpopular? I really like the looks of this kit from the mfg pics I've seen. I specifically got the 18" wheels to be able to go with this kit (they say the 17"s won't work).

I've done some pretty hardcore IFS setups (custom long travel coilover kits) on other trucks, but have no experience with torsen bar setups. It just seems like adding preload for something like the Cognito kits is going to kill the ride. Plus, it seems like you can't QUITE get it truly level.

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
I like the look of this kit alot!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Looks like it's priced right!

Has me thinking about the Cognito Kit..

~$1100 (Fabtech) compared to $2500 (Cognito) really makes you think..

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can give some info on saturday my 3500 srw should be at the dealer to pick it up its a 2012 gmc with a fabtech 4 inch lift instaled by american luxury coach with 20" on 33x12.50 mt atz
i really wanted 6 inch like my 2005 ctd ram but i do a lot of towing and now i can tow my 5er without fliping springs

·
Registered
338 Posts
I can give some info on saturday my 3500 srw should be at the dealer to pick it up its a 2012 gmc with a fabtech 4 inch lift instaled by american luxury coach with 20" on 33x12.50 mt atz
i really wanted 6 inch like my 2005 ctd ram but i do a lot of towing and now i can tow my 5er without fliping springs

Please let us know how it handles, rides, etc..! Pictures to!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry it took so long to post but dealer just got the truck to me wed. Night so i took some photos of the ouside and inside and cv angles. I wanted 6 inch but i also wanted to tow my boat and quad trailer and 5th wheel with this i can do them all it drives like a stock truck and still has plenty of power no need for regearing at all i must say i really love this new frame i think the truck looks good the way it sits right now i think it could use a 1" block in the rear. So heres some pics hope u find them helpful

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yea those angles are looking dangerous. 1100 n bad angles or 2500 n good angles 2500 do it right!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not at all rides great better than my dads stock 2011 2500 hd i let u drive it if u lived in cincinnati

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well thats good Keep us posted on wear on ur tie rods and other suspension parts

1 - 20 of 85 Posts