Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the 2007.5 - 2010 with the factory brake controller, has anyone had trouble with the brake controller not working sometimes? I have had trouble with mine since it was new.

I have a utility trailer with electric brakes. With the trailer hooked to the truck the brakes only work sometimes. I took the truck to the dealer. They checked the brake controller and said it was fine.

In the mean time I have put a new plug on the trailer. Re-wired the trailer. Still, only works sometimes. In the morning I can back up to the trailer, hook up, and the read-out on the dash lights up when you step on the brakes. Drive it across town and brakes work fine. When you cut the truck off and immediately restart it, no trailer brakes. I'll get out of the truck, unplug the pigtail, plug it back up, jiggle wires, work the brake controller button and still nothing.

I'm beginning to think its in the brake controller. I believe the day I took it to the dealer was the day it just happened to work brake controller was working while in the shop. Has anyone else had problems with the brake controller? I'm at my rows end.

Need some help.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My dad had that problem, it had something to do with the ABS... he has an 08 if it makes any different but for some reason I heard they changed something in between the 08-09 years.. I haven't had any problems with mine yet...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.