Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

I have a 2018 Chevorlet 3500 DRW LTZ. The truck has a custom hauler bed by 2L customs. The truck has a rear is camera mounted on the headache rack on the hauler bed. I use this truck to tow my 44’ toy hauler RV as we are fulltime RVer’s. I’m considering having the Chevrolet dealership near me install the factory cameras in my factory mirrors and the cameras also come with a wireless trailer camera for the RV. My question is does anyone have these factory cameras in their truck and how well do they work? I eleventh they offered this camera system in the 2017, 2018 and 2019. The dealership quoted a price for $1,000.00 for the camera system. Just would like to know from others that may be using this camera system how you like or dislike the camera system?

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the full setup installed on my 2017 this summer. At the same time they installed the wireless trailer camera. I love it, they work great. The mirrors are helpful judging distance when towing & the trailer camera is extremely helpful in seeing what's behind & the distance to whats in the lane over. I'm happy I had them installed. Also FYI the mirror cameras come on every time you turn the respective blinker on. You can also select to view 3 cameras at the same time when going down the road. I can try to upload some photos later.

I bought the parts online through the Chevy Legends Parts discount site & had the dealership do the install.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the full setup installed on my 2017 this summer. At the same time they installed the wireless trailer camera. I love it, they work great. The mirrors are helpful judging distance when towing & the trailer camera is extremely helpful in seeing what's behind & the distance to whats in the lane over. I'm happy I had them installed. Also FYI the mirror cameras come on every time you turn the respective blinker on. You can also select to view 3 cameras at the same time when going down the road. I can try to upload some photos later.

I bought the parts online through the Chevy Legends Parts discount site & had the dealership do the install.

Hope this helps.
Howdy!

I really appreciate the information. We are fulltime RVer’s and this camera system would be very helpful. One of my concerns is we have a 44’ Cyclone toy hauler. I’m just wondering how well the wireless camera would work with that length of RV.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a max distance that the wireless signal will reach, but I don't remember what it is. There is a phone number in the parts catalog that you can call. They will have the info, I know because I called it when I was trying to nail down the exact part number I needed. Here's some photos of the truck cameras. I can get a photo of the trailer camera this evening. Sorry for the sideways photos, that's not how I took them.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts