Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if there is a factory egt probe on the engine for 2011 or are we still in the same boat as the LMM's????? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
the updated Insight CTS reads post turbo but no pre turbo. No probe in my exhaust manifolds that I see. I like I can read def level and range and soot level. FWIW

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
the updated Insight CTS reads post turbo but no pre turbo. No probe in my exhaust manifolds that I see. I like I can read def level and range and soot level. FWIW
So the Insight is updated for the LML now?... Sweet

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes I hAve the updated version, I am having lots of problems with it Mpg is way off it sayin I am getting 10 mpg empty. All kinds of issues

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
IMO the edge insights can be real flaky. Mine worked 73.254% of the time.

And I'd assume an lml to NOT have an egt sensor because gm only knows how to half way make a gauge cluster, much less a sensor for aftermarket gauges...
I don't know though.
I could however see them putting in a soot sensor or something like stated above. It's all about emissions now. Not about making it live. Lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok I have a 2015 lml and I did switch on the fly and delete. But the switch Hooked up to the EGT sensor I believe to get to the computer for the switch so my question is I am now wanting to do the edge CT three and I’m wondering if I have to get the probe with it or if it will be able to read the EGT’s because there’s more sensors? Thanks

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
It can read post Trubo egt if you want pretrubo you need the add on probe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts