Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 3500HD CC SRW SB 4WD
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I got the new Chevrolet floor mats today. The driver front fits like a glove. The passenger doesn't fit quite as well, but still a nice fit. They were, as expected, easy to install. The rear...that is another animal. The Chevrolet Accessories description fails to mention that the rear mat needs to be trimmed to fit with the storage box. In order to remove the box I had to remove the tire repair kit including the jack and tools. The jack has two nuts holding it in position. One of the nuts is stripped badly. The second stud has a rough spot on it, but I think I can live with it. Now I have to decide if I want Chevrolet to replace the first stud and nut. Now its time to trim the passenger side mat and finish the install.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I will add a few more pics to show you the story board view. I probably should have trimmed more. Shadow Black Waste container Monochrome Stairs Grey Button Metal Silver Household hardware Brown Insect Black Invertebrate Grey

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
In the end it looks nice. The edges don’t lay down well, so I will try a blow dryer and see if it works.

·
Registered
67 Posts
when it comes to getting factory gear, i usually use GM Parts - Genuine OEM GM Parts and Accessories Online since all their stuff is oem, so i know i wont have any problems. i had a similar issue where i just needed simple headlights and the dealer was giving me a fuss. went to that site, got a decent deal, received them in a couple of days and was back in business.

but saw your latest posts OP and everything looks nice and flush. its great when things come together like that.

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Silverado 3500 High Country L5P CC/SB
54 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So, i'm assuming you will have to take the storage box out to remove the rear mat for cleaning?
Yes, if you want to clean the mat you will have to remove the storage box...again...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts