Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive put my truck in fail safe 3 or 4 times now trying to pass some cars or racing a little honda (which I smoked by the way) and every time I feel like I blew my tranny...Does anyone know how to turn it off or make it less sensitive...I am in the process of buying a lift pump which I am told will help alot but still wont fix the problem...Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
it depends on what is going on, it might be cutting power because the trans is slipping.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
it sounds like its called limp mode..where it is saving your transs from destroying

·
Registered
322 Posts
Are you limping the Tranny or getting a Fuel Rail Pressure limp? What codes does it throw?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Umm not sure what code it throws all I know is 2 of the times it was the fail safe and the third time was deffinatly limp mode cause my buddy said it happened to his truck all the time with my programmer and the stalk tranny...I think I should tune down the Quad S2 a think its a little to much HP for the stalk tranny...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yeah if you're limping your tranny you're putting too much power through it. Turn it down, haha! The more you limp it, the easier it will limp... Sounds like a trans upgrade is in your future.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
its called limping the trans
and u will be in trouble if u limp it a couple more times

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine was always going in to limp mode when my programmer was turned up but its fine if i leave it on level two. the stock allison can only withstand 90 more HP than stock then it goes into limp mode when it starts to slip. Limp mode acctually protects the tranny but the more it limps the easier it will limp next time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok yeah ive only limped it once and it scared the piss out of me and have been driving like an 80 year old since...haha yeah I deffinatly need to get a tranny upgrade soon...my buddy got an ATS stage 5 and im super jealous

·
Registered
230 Posts
yeah im looking into ats or ppe stage 5. i talked to the perforance guy that i deal with and he is sendin me a shift kit to see if it helps cuz its only 50 bucks so its worth a try.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah for sure...I wish trannys werent so damn expensive or would throw a new one in no problem...but damn I think the stage 5 is like 6 or 7 grand I think somewhere around there...

·
Banned
17,251 Posts
yeah im looking into ats or ppe stage 5. i talked to the perforance guy that i deal with and he is sendin me a shift kit to see if it helps cuz its only 50 bucks so its worth a try.
Too bad that shift kit is for the allison 6 speed and not your transmission.
Damage has already been done, a shift kit isnt going to do anything, and, in your case, you will have to remove the transmisison in order to put the transgo shift kits in the allison 5 speed.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hondarider552...How much damage do you think my tranny has on it if ive put it limp mode once and fail safe a couple? Hope its not any...im going to turn my tuner way down...

·
Registered
880 Posts
i didnt hurt it too bad ive limped mine 4times still keepin on going

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i didnt hurt it too bad ive limped mine 4times still keepin on going

Cool thats what I like to here ive turned my tune down and I dont limp it anymore which is always nice

1 - 15 of 15 Posts