Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats a fair price in your guys opinions for routine oil/filter change and fuel filters change?

this is my first diesel truck (06 lbz) and trying to figure out what is fair...just called local "diesel" mechanic shop and they said they charge $80 for typical oil/filter change and $225 for oil/filter and fuel filters...is that high?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
when I first bought mine....I was like you and didn't know much...actually I didnt know anything about diesels and it cost me 110 bucks for a fuel filter change.

Now I can do it myself in 10 minutes for 30 bucks(cost of filter).

I would do some research and just do it yourself....its pretty painless.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
These are maintenance items you can perform yourself. Oil and filters are whatever your preference is...Plus, you have the knowledge of knowing exactly what has been done to your truck.

·
Vendor
10,985 Posts
Agree with them. For the amount you would pay a mech to do oil/filter and fuel filter you can get AMSOIL synthetics (Oil/Filter and fuel filter) and still save a bunch. Then you would have to change your oil again for up to 3x OEM (About 22k miles) or 1 year, whichever comes first.

Let me know if I can get you some information on AMSOIL or a quote for your servicing.

Take care,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts