Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Maybe I am just confussed....but my fan is on alot more than I think it should be. Engine temp was right were it was suppose to be, outside temp was about 45, and it ran all the way home on the highway and through town. I thought they were suppose to only be on when the truck got warm. It seems as if it just runs all the time. It doesn't sound like a Jet as some people have put it, but I can tell its on.
Can you get a boost gauge?

Also, can you hear it at idle?

·
Registered
192 Posts
If it is obviously really clogged up, then that may be your problem.

But many of these trucks have the same symptoms with no bugs. i was going to suggest something different.

Do you have a way to monitor VVT vane position? You would need a scanner, like EFIlive or Tech 2, or...

·
Registered
192 Posts
One experiment to try, when you get a chance. Don't have to get dirty.

Run the truck in first or second gear (low speed), 3000 rpm for about a minute. What does the fan do? Is it louder than before?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Because you have had the clutch replaced, it suggests the clutch is doing what it was made to do, engage when it gets hot. Some is either delivering more heat that normal, or you have an air restriction.

The black radiator top cover is easy to remove. Pull it off and look down between the CAC and radiator for nests.

If it appears to be clear, I thing you may have a problem with heat in the CAC. It is not too difficult to pull the MAP sensor, located under the 6.6 black resonator hat. See if it is melted or damaged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.