Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I am just confussed....but my fan is on alot more than I think it should be. Engine temp was right were it was suppose to be, outside temp was about 45, and it ran all the way home on the highway and through town. I thought they were suppose to only be on when the truck got warm. It seems as if it just runs all the time. It doesn't sound like a Jet as some people have put it, but I can tell its on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a winter cover. I took my truck in and they replaced the fan clutch but it still runs more than i think it should. when walking in front of my truck, all you hear is the fan over the motor. I haven't noticed this Fan doing it but the last one would pulse on and off. Hopefully next month I will have a little money to start working on my truck, need to find out quick because this is killing my milage. I went from 400 miles per tank to 320.....or it may just be this new fuel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea I realize the fan spins all the time, but when it was pulsing on and off it would speed up and then slow down, thats when I really noticed it, when I first bought the truck I could not hear it at all. Is there any good additives to put in when I fuel up? I would really like some of my milage back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes the Fan clutch was replaced by GM, as soon as the weather is nicer and I have an weekend to spare I plan on pulling the stack apart and cleaning it....only thing I can really think of is it dirty and creating a hot spot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will try that at lunch....right now I don't have any way to monitor it...The truck is bone stock. I plan on getting a tuner and exhaust this summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not really had a chance to work on it much. To answer the questions on temp....my truck has never got to the 210 mark. I have to take it in to get an oil change soon, so I might have them replace the fan clutch again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.