Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 minutes ago· #1

I'm changing the water pump on my 2006 Jayco Seneca Zx that sits on the Chevrolet Kodiak c5500 chassis and is powered by the Duramax 6.6 lly.
I'm trying to get the fan clutch off with the large nut, but I'm having trouble getting the flywheel to lock, so I can get the nut off . There's no place in or behind the pulley to fit anything into, so I took the starter out and thought I could jam something in there. Unfortunately the flywheel isn't turning when I turn the big nut, so of course it isn't coming loose. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Duplicate post; covered in your "Flywheel lock" thread. But the link above is very informative, too.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
2 minutes ago· #1

I'm changing the water pump on my 2006 Jayco Seneca Zx that sits on the Chevrolet Kodiak c5500 chassis and is powered by the Duramax 6.6 lly.
I'm trying to get the fan clutch off with the large nut, but I'm having trouble getting the flywheel to lock, so I can get the nut off . There's no place in or behind the pulley to fit anything into, so I took the starter out and thought I could jam something in there. Unfortunately the flywheel isn't turning when I turn the big nut, so of course it isn't coming loose. Any suggestions?
I didn't have the tool or time to get one so I used a chisel on a corner of the nut, came right off. Ugly but effective.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts