Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing my FASS 150 soon. Should I run it from the stock fuel pick up or should I go ahead and get a Beans sump kit? I do not have a fuel pressure gauge to monitor the pressure and will not have one for a while so I will not have a good idea if it is sucking air or not.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I run my fass 150 with no sump. No problems at all. I almost bought a sump when I purchased the fass but figured I'll just wait and see if I have problems without it first. A gauge would be a good add on though. I added one for around $30

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run my fass 150 with no sump. No problems at all. I almost bought a sump when I purchased the fass but figured I'll just wait and see if I have problems without it first. A gauge would be a good add on though. I added one for around $30
Where did you get the gauge from?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You can get them from pretty much anywhere.... Advance, oreilys, AutoZone, eBay, amazon....
I got mine from oreilys

And you'll need a brass fitting from lowes to extend it out so you can see it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are you using the Fass draw straw kit? or just pulling from the oem housing?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
My Bean's Diesel sump came in today, hopefully I'll get to install it Saturday. I was have issues on starting with 1/4 tank of fuel, the sump should fix that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Bean's Diesel sump came in today, hopefully I'll get to install it Saturday. I was have issues on starting with 1/4 tank of fuel, the sump should fix that.

If I have issues I'll definitely be getting the beans one. The vide of them beating the hell out if it with a sledge hammer sold me lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
458 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Don't forget the gauge...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I did a mechanical gauge right off the pump, but if your putting it in the cab I would go with an electric sender. Check summit for a cheap one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts