Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did the delete on my truck and left the converter - holy guac! It's a completely different truck. I need to install a lift pump now and was going to do the Fass 150.

For a guy that has some mechanical means, how difficult is it to install? One place quoted me $400. That seems kind of steep by reading on here that it's about a 2 hour job. I am by no means a mechanic, but if it can be done with simple garage tools (nothing special), I'm in.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just did mine not long ago. It is super easy to install. If you have any mech. skills you will be just fine. Save the $$ and do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
You should have no problem as long as you know what a wrench is. :) Just be careful with the fuel line clips. Ask me how I know.

·
There,wolf...There,castle
1,497 Posts
Save your money. Not hard at all. I recently did mine. Just follow the directions. Make sure you use enough thread tape on the threads it tells you to as well. Ask me how I know:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
You should have no problem as long as you know what a wrench is. :) Just be careful with the fuel line clips. Ask me how I know.
I second on the fuel clamps. If your break the connector tube the the in-tank basket, be ready to drop the tank and another $360 for a new basket. The install overall is easy and straight forward. It's easier to get to those clamps with the exhaust out, so hopefully you are in the process of doing that.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Damn 400 sounds steep to me. It was 20 degrees here and I don't have a garage so I took mine to a friends shop. 400 bucks, did my exhaust, down pipe, lift pump, inspection through 2016:D
The parts sat in my house for 2 weeks I couldn't wait for warmer weather haha

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I second on the fuel clamps. If your break the connector tube the the in-tank basket, be ready to drop the tank and another $360 for a new basket. The install overall is easy and straight forward. It's easier to get to those clamps with the exhaust out, so hopefully you are in the process of doing that.
Nah, the exhaust is done. How fragile is that connector tube? I know it would be easier to do this on a lift, but is it doable on the ground?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Nah, the exhaust is done. How fragile is that connector tube? I know it would be easier to do this on a lift, but is it doable on the ground?
I've installed the AirDog on mines on the ground and a FASS 150 on a Dodge on the ground. It's possible. Any off-road shop should be able to install that pump under 2 hours for about $200. It's difficult to get to the clap. If you have less than a quarter tank of fuel, it's really easy to drop the tank. That would help disconnecting that fuel line from the tank.

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
I installed my Fass titainium 150 on the ground as well. Like everyone says hardest part is that fuel line disconnect, I fought with mine for awhile before I got it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is there a special tool to remove the fuel line from the tank and/or just in a real inaccessible location?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know, I haven't been under there to scout it out yet, but if that's the line I need to disconnect for a lift pump, then yes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.