Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I bought the Fass fpr-1001 for my LMM. When I went to hook it up which took me forever to get to I realized that there's really no way for me to hook it up. I'm starting to think I messed up by buying this because I have absolutely no idea how I am supposed to hook this up without splicing my fuel line which is not going to happen. If this was a older truck I would do it in a second, but since its newer I really don't want to do this. If someone could tell me what i'm supposed to do that would be great otherwise i'm going to sell it and get rid of it because its brand new and never even been hooked up.

The whole reason I bought this was to illiminate the fuel rail from loosing pressure at WOT. I keep getting "Change fuel filter" Light every time I really hit on it at WOT. I seen PPE Makes a screw that is supposed to fix this problem, but didn't realize it till now. Any help would be great! :help

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
What year and mods?

Sounds like you may need a lift pump.

You have an EFI Live v2?

That device just appears to be a fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6

Edge Race CTS *Usually on level5*
S&B Intake
4" Diamond Eye SS Exhaust

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
Its a 2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6

Edge Race CTS *Usually on level5*
S&B Intake
4" Diamond Eye SS Exhaust
And on higher tunes is the rail pressure dropping compared to desired? Are you throwing any codes?

To start I think you bought something you don't need.

Depending on the rail pressure drop, how far it drops, etc... My initial though/guess without knowing more is you need a lift pump.

I'd look into an AirDog2 165.

If you are popping your FPRV, then you may need a shim kit, but it sounds like you are just not able to maintain rail pressure under WOT runs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its going to 32KPSI at first and then usually drops to around 24KPSI. The weird part is it doesn't throw any codes at all. I checked all my injectors and none of them are bad. At idle my frp is around 4.3 - 4.7 KPSI. The truck runs pretty good still my 0-60 is 5.4, but you can tell as I open up the throttle that the power starts to cut down. How would i know if i'm popping my FPRV?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
Well its going to 32KPSI at first and then usually drops to around 24KPSI. The weird part is it doesn't throw any codes at all. I checked all my injectors and none of them are bad. At idle my frp is around 4.3 - 4.7 KPSI. The truck runs pretty good still my 0-60 is 5.4, but you can tell as I open up the throttle that the power starts to cut down. How would i know if i'm popping my FPRV?
Pull up desired frp and frp. Go WOT and let us know the FRP peak and what pressure it drops to.

If you popped the fprv you would throw a code p0087, but other things can cause this code as well.

I'm surprised you are hitting 32k psi, that seems a little high to me. I would expect to see 26-30k at as a high. No biggie though.

It really sounds like you need a lift pump though.

Right now the cp3 is sucking fuel from the tank and pressurizing it to 4.3-32k psi. The lift pump will push fuel at 8-10 psi to the cp3, reducing that work load on the cp3 and allowing it to maintain rail pressure. If too much fuel is demanded, you'll see the frp drop off slowly as that rail is drained. This is what the lift pump helps with. It also reduces long term wear on cp3 and adds additional filtration (if purchased) which will prolong the life of your injectors and add protection for your engine from some fuel contaminants.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts