Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Fass lift pump

11K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  AlbinoRhino 
#1 ·
I ordered a Fass 95gph lift pump but the shop mis ordered and installed the 165gph instead. My 07 lmm has dpf delete. Idaho Rob efi live tune. I run mostly in the enhanced stock tune and use the 40hp for pulling 5r. Long road trips empty i use the 80hp (get. pprox 1.5gpm more) should I have shop get the 165gpm replace with what I really wanted? Just seems like a waste of circulation. Found out pump motors r exactly the same on both units just different pump.

#2 ·
if there charging you the 95 price for the 165, roll with it, if they want to charge you for the 165, make them fix the issue. The only difference is the number of times an hour the fuel tank will be filtered, 3 times on the 95 and 5 times on the 165. Your engine will only consume as much fuel as it needs regardless of the size of the lift pump.

#3 ·
Sorry to hack your thread, I just want to ask you something, I have the CP4 and I've been reading on this to make sense of the issue, to avoid an issue on my 2016 Dmax, should I use a lift pump and additive? It seems everyone has a different opinion on this, my truck is bone stock and not planning on doing any tunning or deleting for now, I just came out of warranty and want to avoid a catastrophic issue, have a kid in college and dont have the extra $ to spend on not essentials, you seem to know what are you talking about, please advise.

#6 ·
Great info J83, straight to the point. We have Bio Diesel here in Florida, I was just afraid to put anything other that what dealer reccomends with fear of ruining the engine of a 70k truck. Also I will research on the Optilube, seems the logic way to go, maybe in the future I will change to the CP3 and do a lift pump to help the engine perform better, appreciate your time and knowledge.
no problem, if it makes you feel better i have run biodiesel for years now with no issue. granted a lot of that was on a LB7, but my LML gets biodiesel now as well. Some people say it is harder on the rubber fuel lines though.

#7 ·
no problem, if it makes you feel better i have run biodiesel for years now with no issue. granted a lot of that was on a LB7, but my LML gets biodiesel now as well. Some people say it is harder on the rubber fuel lines though.
I was reading on Bio Diesel, do I have to change anything to be able to run it? they were people saying that the Bio will clog the original filter due to getting all the gunk out from the previous diesel.

#9 ·
I would venture to say that the filters may see more debris since it is circulating more but you also got to figure that since its already been filtered previously it shouldn't have that many contaminants in it to make a noticeable difference in filter life. As far as the life of the pump goes anything can happen but i saw a video where i believe it was air dog that had a pump at their shop that logged thousands of hours on it and it was still going running 24/7.

#15 · (Edited)
If they even have bio available, Phx ain’t gots bio.
Aux tank has a 40 micron inline filter to my main tank.
The Baldwin LP filters for my AirDog 100, that I have on now, LP 10 micron, LP 20 micron WS, stock filter 4 micron with WIF sensor.

AirDog 100 & FASS 95 both are good for up to 600 hp.
The up-to 500 is a sales pitch to sell a larger LP which in some cases your stock pick-up can’t handle that much “sucking”.
You might have the 1/4-1/3 tank issues, plenty of chatting about this, where you’ll end up drilling a large hole in the bottom of your tank for a sump, or put a smaller LP motor on.

My choice was the 2nd one, I went from a FP100 too a 4G165, then to a 4G100, after I had these well known issues.
Besides these issues the fuel psi went from about 7-8 with the FP100 to 12-13 with the 4G165 (to high) back to 8-9 with the 4G100.
No psi adjustments on my LP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.