Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting some tax money back :thumb and I'm going to invest it in a lift pump, now my friend said that the customer service on fass is great....so I'm thinking I'm going to go fass. Now my question is that on the web site they say all I would need is a 95 because I'm under 600hp but will it hurt to go with a 150? If I get a 95 can I upgrade the pump to make it a 150 if I need it? Lastly is is the pump a pass through pump, say the pump quits will the engine still be able to get fuel?

·
Do work!
2,234 Posts
It won't hurt one bit to go with a 150 if your under the recommended HP level. For the few extra bucks it cost to get a 150 over a 95 it is well worth it IMO. That way some time down the road your not maxing out your lift pump.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It won't hurt one bit to go with a 150 if your under the recommended HP level. For the few extra bucks it cost to get a 150 over a 95 it is well worth it IMO. That way some time down the road your not maxing out your lift pump.
That's what I had thought so...thanks for your opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
The 95 is a pass through yes

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 95 is a pass through yes
Ok nice. What about a 150? I'll probably be getting the 95 because I don't really NEED to have the extra fuel as I'm planning on just going to something under 600hp.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Pretty sure its the same just a bigger pump for more gph

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty sure its the same just a bigger pump for more gph
Lol ok just making sure. I wander though if the pump could be replaced for say a bigger pump?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
If you are wondering that then it would be in your best interest to grt the 150 to start. That way you arent trying to replace anything or have to get a new one all together later on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts