Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a good deal on a FASS 150 and I want to order it but not sure how well my tranny will hold up. I have EFI Live and my tunes are 70,110,150 & 200. I normally run my truck on 110. I'm curious to how well my stock tranny is gonna hold up on that tune or 150. I'm a little hesitant to buy one. What do you guys think I should do?? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
129 Posts
the lift pump wont add more power it will allow you to run bigger tunes and make life easier for you cp3. i wouldnt go past the 110 tune on a stock trans unless you have plans to rebuild it soon after.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm planning on building my tranny in the spring. I was gonna order the lift pump now Bc it's on sale. If I have a heavy right foot should I just hold off on gettin it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the problem if I'm gonna spend the money I wanna just go ahead and put it on.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Just buy it now since it's on sale. Take the money you saved and put it in the tranny fund. Put it on and have peace of mind that you are getting extra filtration and positive pressure to the CP3. I did one last year when they were on sale. No built trans and no plans of it for a while. You have the arsenal already to kill the trans.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
you should have put a lift pump on your truck before you even got tunes... the lift pump doesnt add any power.

·
yep yep...
7,169 Posts
It's not a power adder. It just filters and feeds fuel to the motor to help maintain rail pressure and take stress off the cp3.

·
Registered
129 Posts
get it and install it. the fass will only do positive things. just dont turn the tune up. who gave you a 200 tune for a stock trans?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts