Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in your Duramax? I'm talking day to day driving; on the freeway, at a light, etc. Its cool to see these videos of our 7500lbs trucks leaving these rice burners behind.

Let's hear your stories!:gearjamin:neener

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think my fastest beat would be a nissan 350z.

I also left this cursing old man on his golf cart in dust one time.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mostly Honda's in my old Kodiak. Damn fart cans, I hate'em. Bracket racing, just about everything. One night I made it down to 4 cars from about 75. I was cutting .020-.030 lights all night long. :) And running 17.25 just about every pass. Not bad for a 11,500 lb truck.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
fastest car Ive beat was a mustang gt. He was getting on the highway when he saw me and took off fast, I made him realize those things arent so fast! lol

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I tried a cadillac cts-v and an audi r8 and got stomped by them lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
350z (purple) with fart cans hanging off the back, more than one mustang GT, more than one F150......am rarely looking for a fight but it always seems like those times I'm just rolling with no problem some turd shows up thinking I'm a big/slow easy target.....must be the VICTORY RED.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I dont race much but I did beat a guy I work with twice once when I had my LLY and once in my cummins he has a 88 mustang 5.0 exhaust and intake 5 speed nothing special but he liked to run his mouth about my big slow trucks haha.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I wouldn't consider it fast, but one time I (literally) smoked a Honda Civic with a fart can and scaffolding on the trunk. He was on my passenger side with his windows down. He got a car full of soot. :gearjamin:neener

·
Registered
808 Posts
So far a pretty decently built Honda S2000 and a SVT Cobra... From a dig we have the advantage when you put it into 4wd and let em eat!!!

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
I beat a kid on a date in his moms kia once in the old compay LBZ with a 7500 pound GN and a 6500 pound Burb. His girl was laughing pretty hard. He finally got infront of me going up the bridge.
Also in that truck coming back from Maimi with 11K pounds of steel on the GN I had to move over because of construction and had not had a chance to get back over yet, I was doing almost 80, when this guy in a forgin SUV whips around me and flips me off. Well I stepped on it and made him get back behind me. Well he ended up infont of me and took off doing the same to everyone else. Well what do I see a mile down the road, DOT cop flying though the median. "Oh chit what did I do?" He took off and pulls this jack wagon over.

Also had a guy in a 4 runner try me in my LMM. He got pissed when I lite up the rear duals and pulled about 4 truck lengths on him before I hit 30. I only race to the speed limit, and there was traffic, so he ended up WAY infront of me.

I used to race ricers all the time in my 85 C20 with a 350 4 Bolt and a few little add ons. I was following a friend one night when he made a wrong turn, so I passed him to show him where we should have went. Well I hit about 112 and he was maybe 20 lengths back. Needless to say he never tried racing me again in his V6 Mustang. That truck was fast, had it to 140 once

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had a BMW folloing me real close and tried passing me on the highway a few times and I kept boxing him out, and I finally got off and in a turn lane going up a 9% 2 lane grade and this hill is about 3/4 of a miles then tappered off for another 1/2. It just started snowing and had the plow on put it in 4 wheel and took it easy on the turn then went for it, so did he. We ended up at the top of the hill doing 90 and he was 10-15 carlenghts back and he never got past my rear tail light.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Ill be that guy... Keep it on the track! haha o_O

·
Registered
74 Posts
i havent lost yet but the fastest ive raced was a subaru wrx 5spd with custom tuning. in a race it pays to have a truck like mine 06 w/t 2door long box... its really light. i need to weigh it once.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
i beat an 09 CTS-V in the 1/4. also pulled an early model viper as well as some c5 vettes and a non zo6 c6.
several mustangs too, but those aren't fast.

hoping one day i can run down some ferrari's, lambos and zr1's!

·
Registered
562 Posts
^^ you better have a ton of mods... I've taken mostly truck but starting to think my 6.2l silvy is nastier..

·
Registered
274 Posts
I took a challenger SRT 8 Hurst edition with me and 4 Army buddies. The guys Gf was laughing her ass off.

·
Registered
21,369 Posts
I don't race on the street anymore but when I did in my younger days I walked a civic sti from 65-90. I lost his headlights in the smoke. This was when i ran the quadzilla. He did the typical ricer fly bye at the next exit.

I will say there is no worse feeling than when you crest a small hill in the middle of a race with your uncle and his new ecoboost and see a cop less than a 1/2 mile in front of you. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
336 Posts
sub'd. keep em coming

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I don't race on the street anymore but when I did in my younger days I walked a civic sti from 65-90. I lost his headlights in the smoke. This was when i ran the quadzilla. He did the typical ricer fly bye at the next exit.

I will say there is no worse feeling than when you crest a small hill in the middle of a race with your uncle and his new ecoboost and see a cop less than a 1/2 mile in front of you. Ask me how I know.
How do you know?? :D Im curious to what happen

1 - 20 of 55 Posts