Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What are you doing for parts for the motor? Pistons, rods, can, crankshaft?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Thats what i'm trying to decide on now.

if i stay down in the 800hp range ***maybe**** Waglers entry level rotating assy

Or use the callies forged crank with Carillos(proven rod instead of wagler as forged thats not been out very long) with Mahle race cast pistons or spring for Fingers ovals. If with setup id feel more comfortable at either power level but would be better for sure a 1000hp.

Still researching it all and considering anything at the moment.

·
Registered
18,005 Posts
Thats what i'm trying to decide on now.

if i stay down in the 800hp range ***maybe**** Waglers entry level rotating assy

Or use the callies forged crank with Carillos(proven rod instead of wagler as forged thats not been out very long) with Mahle race cast pistons or spring for Fingers ovals. If with setup id feel more comfortable at either power level but would be better for sure a 1000hp.

Still researching it all and considering anything at the moment.
Depending on your hP level that would be all good parts.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
Finally! Wheels on!
9,066 Posts
wow just found this. Way jelly bro. That is a sweet project. I'm in....even if a little late

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well got my motor out, sold the short block today. Ordered a built short block from Wagler.

Compstar crank
Fluid balancer
Billet flex plate
Balanced
Af stg 1 cam
Wagler competition rods
Mahle pistons
Billet main caps
Wagler valve springs for the heads.

Pretty set on Wehrli Fab twins.

Jason is reccomending an
S369SXE and s480 billet wheel to keep it streetable, capable to still tow and lay down 1000+rwhp on the big tune.

12mm Exergy stroker CP3
100 over injectors.

·
Registered
607 Posts
That will be a great set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Motor is together and in the truck. Getting everything bolted in and going back to tidy up some wiring and other things i let slide for a while in my eagerness to drive it initially when i first got it together.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,005 Posts
Motor is together and in the truck. Getting everything bolted in and going back to tidy up some wiring and other things i let slide for a while in my eagerness to drive it initially when i first got it together.
Looking good man, can't wait for the first video!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

41 - 47 of 47 Posts