Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday for the second time in 2 months I got the "Reduced Power, Clean Exhaust Filter" message. Message went away but check engine light is still on. This dang DPF has got to go with the quickness! I got the Banks with the Economind hoping the "Clean Tune" would be ok with the DPF but obviously not. I'm told I can keep the banks and run the Quad 2 on stock with DPF delete and a delete pipe. I am so sick of having DPF issues. Had problems on my 07 CTD and now this truck:mad: What happened to the good ol days when HD trucks were emissions exempt!!!!!

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,953 Posts
Just dump it. It will free up a couple extra ponies and really help out the fuel economy. I know it really woke mine up.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Yesterday for the second time in 2 months I got the "Reduced Power, Clean Exhaust Filter" message.
That message is basically saying that it is getting over-sooted in the DPF regen sequence. Usually it is because of conditions.

What is your typical use? If you do very short commutes, this will happen frequently.

I have some experience with DPF optimization, and have seen firsthand how tuning can mess up regen effectiveness.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
your tuned so the warrenty is voided dump the crap its way worth it just order up a turboback system they arent that pricy honestly...if you have smog testing just keep it around for when you need it its a 45 minute job switching exhaust out

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah I'm definitely ditching the DPF. Jesse from Husker is setting me up with tuner and pipe. I own a contracting business on my days off from the Fire Dept and do a lot of in-town short trips, from one job site to another so its really going to be a never ending problem. I'm not going with a turbo back, just a delete pipe for now. I like the turbo back(love to hear the turbo spool up) but I have two kiddos and I like the quiet ride for them when they're in the truck with me. First diesel was an 04 CTD with 4" turbo back and was awesome but loud. And of course the whole back half of my truck stayed black as well. Then got my 07 CTD and half the time I owned it, it stayed at the dealer for emissions problems. It was bone stock and of course the first year all this DPF junk came about. We ordered five new Fire Engines last year and all of them have DPF's as well. But they have a manual REGEN only. You can do it going down the road or at idle. Just flip the switch and let it do its thing. They all have CAT in them. As of next year they are changing the Emission rules again for ESV's so Detroit and CAT are backing out of Emergengy Service Vehicle (ESV) program and Cummins will be the ONLY engine you can purchase in an ESV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts