Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some items I'm thinking about purchasing for my 2011 2500, just wanted some feedback on whats good or bad about the items and what could be better and why. Thank you everyone.

1. Sinister Diesel Intake Bridge
2. Sinister Diesel EGR Delete Kit
3. FASS Fuel Systems Fuel Air Separation SystemsTitanium Series 150 Gph
4. aFe MACH Force XP 5" Down-Pipe Back Race Exhaust System
5. H&S Mini Maxx Race Tuner
6. MBRP 3" Turbo Downpipe
7. aFe BladeRunner Intercooler Tube (Hot side)
8. aFe BladeRunner Intercooler Tube (Cold side)

:help

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not sure what your goal are but start with #2, 3, 4, and efi live not #5. OTher ones won't make much of a difference unless you going big or just want some bling parts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told that the EFI live would not take care of the code that would be generated when removing the DPF. Which in turn will limit my speed due to the fact that the truck thinks my DEF is to low. I was also told that the Mini Maxx would take care of this issue.

True of False

My main goal is to get more towing power and a faster throttle response.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I was told that the EFI live would not take care of the code that would be generated when removing the DPF. Which in turn will limit my speed due to the fact that the truck thinks my DEF is to low. I was also told that the Mini Maxx would take care of this issue.

True of False

My main goal is to get more towing power and a faster throttle response.
False..EFI all day..

You truck not have any "codes","Light" or think the def is empty. Dash will be clear of any annoying abnormal lights.

·
Registered
213 Posts
EFI is tuned specifically for the needs of each truck, essentially making a custom set of parameters for your style of driving, towing, pulling matched with the modifications you have to your truck. The Mini Maxx and other similar units are preloaded from the manufacturer and may or may not be suitable for what you're trying to accomplish.

I personally sought out my EFIlive tuning from someone local, so that if I have any questions or issues he is just a phone call away and a little trip up the road to get anything diagnosed or tweaked. Its a little extra coin in the beginning, but totally worth it. You wont regret it one bit, along as you have a lift pump to feed its needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.