Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? How does it look? Pulled all of the side mouldings and decals of the side of the truck and started thinking, why stop there? I am toying with the idea of pulling off the fender trims and replacing the black door handles with color matched ones. How many others have gone this route.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
Ijust recently had my flares color matched. I'm wanting to do the same thing, but i'm gonna leave my flares on. Tires stick out too far.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I too have color matched flares and I love them. I would leave the flares, I think it gives it a beefier look.

·
2,934 Posts
Hey Maverick,
How do you like your AFE intake? I need to get one and can't decide.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
The AFE intake is a good one. The fit is pretty good. I have noticed with mine that the tube hits the hood liner. If you get one, make sure to get the kit with the proguard 7. It filters better, stops more dirt. It isn't very much more for the better filter. Turbo whistle is quite a bit louder on my truck since I put it on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the color match idea. Did you have them painted, or did you buy new ones? I have a very short leash from the boss when it comes to spending money on a truck I "did not need in the first place". Also, how 'bout the door handles, dealer only, or is there an aftermarket place that sells them? I really think that red ones would look nice on the truck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think we all know about the short leash from the boss :blowup I just have to do it a little at a time so it doesn't stand out unless I put it on he cc and then it's all over and I usually can talk her down if I tell her I'll work OT to pay for it. We all want to have cool rigs but if you are like me it has to be done a little at a time:drink

·
Registered
47 Posts
Lost all badges except for the D/A badge.

Left the door moldings and went with Escalade handles (I think the GMC side molding and chrome pulls looks great - for a Chevy, I would pull the molding and go with color matched Tahoe handles).

If you want to see what it looks like w/o flairs, go find a 1/2 ton and take a look. My plan to to get my smooth flairs painted and installed....one of these days.....

·
2,934 Posts
Had mine sanded and painted. Looks great.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aggar- which did you have sanded? handles, or just the fender trim. What did it run you? If you don't mind me asking?

·
2,934 Posts
Just my flares. Bout $275.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts